Skip to toolbar

Hobby Weekender 18/01/18 Early thread in mid Jan!

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Hobby Weekender 18/01/18 Early thread in mid Jan!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 56 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author

dawfydd
    11888xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got the rest of the details blocked in, tidied things up then Aggrax. just waiting for it to dry then I’ll get eye lenses, base rims, and the standard bearers frostblade finished 🙂

2019-01-19 14.45.162019-01-19 14.47.04

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

And I am back! A busy Friday evening and a so so twelve hour day tried to keep me down, but… twill… shan’t…?

First up I primed some more Container terrain from Conquest for 40k, Assembled all (but still have to gap fill some) all of my Conquest Marines and Traitors. However I am out of Chaos Black to Prime them with. I got in plenty of Mario Kart, Starlink Battle for Atlas and Octopath Traveller on the Switch. Dungeons and Dragons is tonight in which we finish off the penultimate Chapter of Storm King’s Thunder. Im also just finshing the Stormcast Warband for Nightvault. Onto Radagast soon. Pics, responses and questions to follow!

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 1 replies:

@sundancer Have you had the coffees yet?

@dawfydd 15 Skyclaws and a Wolf Guard leader? That is some deadly ccc cheese. I like it. Man, when I played 40k more competitively from kinda 3rd edition to kinda 6th ed, being on the receiving end of a ten strong squad of Wolves for close combat was always painful and scary, haha.

60 Wolves to finish an army ain’t bad though, that’s usually two or three units of Skaven back in WHFB. Amibitous and detailed, 20 points.

Pictures work and nothing wrong with going through old cases. Like a detective…

@jodain You can do it! I believe in you! Whoo!!! 5 points for encouragement!

@sundancer I like your pictured metaphorical explanation. 20 points. Hit a sweet spot J

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@mage I think I did have one… but just in case and to be safe I’ll have another 😉

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Well done! @sundancer

Lots of distractions for me. Still in the process of replying. Music and pics please, people, and someone get me some memes!

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ask and you shall be given!

brace-yourself-memes-are-coming

one-does-not-simply-ask-for-memes

you-dont-know-memes-i-was-raised-by-them-molded-by-them

wow-such-meme-very-hot

Now, what nonsense can I do now? XD

jodain
    12433xp
    Cult of Games Member

@dawfydd great looking Wolves you have there, I particularly like the shoulder guards on the front right guy!

Thanks @mage I keep trying.

Managed a bit more Hobby time this afternoon and starting work on assembling the TT Combat gaming table that I got.  Two boards down, 14 to go.

take_cover

INCOMING MUSIC!!!

**pokes head out from his bunker**

All Clear!

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Best liar ever:

*back to coffee drinking*

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Got sidetracked at work. Man, if you aren’t off and focussing on hosting 75% it is hard to keep the thread fresh, good and relevant. Anyway, I shall push forward!

Dungeons and Dragons went well even though two of the five players could not make it. The second last chapter was completed, everyone reached level 10 and The Storm King was rescued.

It was a short, two hour session and then I went for drinks afterward. Spent much of the morning dehydrated but not sick after it. I rotated between snacking, Octopath Traveller on the Nintendo Switch and painting the Stormcast Eternals from my Nightvault set.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Okay guys here are the questions. I got a burst of inspiration! Well for most of them…

QUESTIONS

(1)    Invent me an ice cream flavour

(2)    You have three toppings you can put on a pizza. Go!

(3)    Name three of your top villains from anything. Keep it nerd culture relevant and not political.

(4)    Name one artist or song from a genre you hate but you love the song or artist, along with a link to said tune.

(5)    What do you think would be a cool terrain piece? Let your imagination run wild as to what it looks like and what it can do. Don’t worry about technical restrictions like reality and physics.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Page 1 Replies (Part 2):

@horati0nosebl0wer

Interesting write up on the gentres. 10 points!

10 points for posts and feedback to others.

I see what you mean about the balloon blimp thing. Can’t wait to see more work on it. 10 points.

@jodain

10 points for feedback and chat to/with others.

I have so many BoW videos to catch up on but its gonna be great J

Leia looks great 15 points!

@sundancer I will check out that Monty Python video when things are less noisy where I am lol.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

(1) Invent me an ice cream flavour

“Salty tears of matchlooser”

(2) You have three toppings you can put on a pizza. Go!

Define PIZZA = DOUGH+SAUCE+CHEESE;

ADD Ham;

ADD Bacon;

ADD Egg;

(3) Name three of your top villains from anything. Keep it nerd culture relevant and not political.

1. Darth Vader
    2. Dr. Claw
    3. Auric Goldfinger

(4) Name one artist or song from a genre you hate but you love the song or artist, along with a link to said tune.

Uh, what? *thinking* *thinking* Ok, now I think I understand the question… hmm… tough one. Maybe The Chemical Brothers – Hey Boy Hey Girl… just because it has a sentimental connection for me.

(5) What do you think would be a cool terrain piece? Let your imagination run wild as to what it looks like and what it can do. Don’t worry about technical restrictions like reality and physics.

I’d love to have Augmented Reality FX to make explosions explode, buildings burn and maybe some screaming civilians…  World of Tanks did show something similar at gamescom 2018

IMG_20180821_143216309

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@sundancer The Bane Meme is hilarious hahahahaha. I have a kind of parody video but due to profanity I can’t post it. I can private message it to you. Its basically a guy doing a voice over of the Bane speech at the football stadium from Batman, but its an Irish gypsy calling out another traveller for a bareknuckle boxing match. 15 points. Another 5 points for the Henry Rollins liar. Brilliant stuff! Coffee away.

@jodain You are welcome. You succeed. 8) Please take pics of the boards and tables.

@horati0nosebl0wer Oooooh more music! Better listen to these.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)